VMware Cloud Community
eusse1102
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Adaptador de almacenamiento HBA SAS

Buenos días;

Estoy configurando 2 ESXI ver 6.0 u2 con 2 servidores HP proliant DL360 g9, con una cabina MSA 2040 SAS y tengo el siguiente problema si alguien me puede ayudar:

Tengo conectado los 2 servidores a la cabina a través de una conexión SAS directa con una tarjeta HBA241.

la cabina esta bien configurada según HP el problema es que los ESXI no me reconoce los adaptadores SAS, solo me reconoce el almacenamiento local.

Si necesitáis mas datos solo pedírmelos.

Muchas Gracias.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Finikiez
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Ok, if you don't see SAS adapters in 'Storage adapters' you need to install correct drivers for them.

Or you can reinstall ESXi using HP custome image which should has all necessary up-to-date drivers for HP hardware.

To identify correct driver we need to know SAS adapter model.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Finikiez
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hi!

If I understand you correctly, you don't see shared storage from your MSA2040. Right?

If so, do your ESXi hosts recognize SAS adapters? Using vsphere client 'Configuration tab -> Storage adapters'?

0 Kudos
eusse1102
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi:

No the ESXi host are not recognizing the SAS adapters even after rescan all

0 Kudos
Finikiez
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Ok, if you don't see SAS adapters in 'Storage adapters' you need to install correct drivers for them.

Or you can reinstall ESXi using HP custome image which should has all necessary up-to-date drivers for HP hardware.

To identify correct driver we need to know SAS adapter model.

eusse1102
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you!!!

What probare and you will comment . Rgds

0 Kudos
eusse1102
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hemos reinstalado el ESXI desde la .iso de HP y ahora si reconoce la HBA241.

Gracias!!!

0 Kudos