VMware Performance Community
Singh09
Contributor
Contributor

QoS error/warning

Hi,

I ran a partial test with  6 VM in a tile (OlioDB, OlioWeb, DS2DB, DS2DBA, DS2DBB, DS2DBC). After a test run i am seeing this '*' in QoS line in Score_xxx.out file. I read in one of your discussion that this may be because of the resources.  If its because of resources i am using a server with 32GB RAM, 64bit OS Windows server 2008 with Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 0 @2.9GHz 2.89Ghz (2 processor). And I am running only a single tile. So i dont think this is the issue. Also even though i am not using Standby vm it's still showing Bad_Data error for standby in score_xxx.out file. Kindly help me to resolve these issues. PFA the zip file of Result directory.

And how can i generate score for my partial run.

Thanks,

SSingh

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert

Hi SSingh,

I apologize for the delay in responding. Unfortunately I think that the Forum malfunctioned and did not notify support members of your post.

The "*" indicates that the workload was non-compliant, that is, failing. With DVDstore A, B and C, the QoS (or application latency) was above the acceptable threshold to be considered 'passing', which is 500ms. This means the workload was not responding fast enough. You are right that the failing score for DVDstore is probably due to a lack of resources. This is probably caused by a storage bottleneck, see https://communities.vmware.com/message/2288280#2288280 for a description of VMmark storage requirements. I would say a bare minimum is a 7-spindle RAID0 LUN for 1 tile of VMmark VMs, plus one additional LUN as an infrastructure operations target.

In addition, all of the workloads which you disabled in the run (standby, mailserver, standby, vmotion, svmotion, deploy) were not scored and naturally considered 'noncompliant'. Standby shows "bad_data" because it was disabled in VMMARK2.CONFIG.

You can track performance of Olio and DVDstore workloads by looking in Score_Turbo_1_Tile_Test.out. This is application throughput.

TILE_0_Scores:  mailserver        olio   dvdstoreA   dvdstoreB   dvdstoreC     standby

p0                    0.00     4785.80     1247.40      887.00      469.20    Bad_Data

p1                    0.00     4766.40     1263.80      830.40      571.60    Bad_Data

p2                    0.00     3761.80     1288.20      888.00      567.80    Bad_Data

The only way you can produce a full VMmark score is for all the workloads to be running, so it is not possible to generate a VMmark score for the partial run.

Thank you,

Rebecca

0 Kudos