VMware Cloud Community
cgrvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Invalid Serial Key

Hi,

I'm trying to license Log Insight 3.3.0 using the free licenses that now come with it. I've typed in the same serial number as I have for my vCenter server (5 Standard) but I'm getting the error "Invalid Serial Key" - anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

There are two download pages. Sounds like you are in the main LI page. You need to be on the LI for VC page. You can find the link in the vSphere 5.x page. I hope this helps!

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

It does not work with the 5 key. Instead go to the LI for VC download page and select read more on virtual appliance to find key.

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===
0 Kudos
cgrvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Steve, all I'm seeing on the "Read More" section for the Virtual Appliance download page is the name, release date, build number, MD5SUM, SHA1SUM and SHA256SUM

0 Kudos
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

There are two download pages. Sounds like you are in the main LI page. You need to be on the LI for VC page. You can find the link in the vSphere 5.x page. I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
cgrvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Got it thanks - wonder why the licence isn't just included in the main log insight page!?

0 Kudos
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Because you may have purchased LI, but not VC which means you are not entitled to the license Smiley Happy Glad you were able to find it.