VMware Cloud Community
rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

AD Plugin doesn't display subdomains

I am trying to configure AD plugin 2.0.7 on Orchestrator 5.5.3. Loaded plugin fine and configured root domain with SSL connection (set it as default domain), however our subdomains are not showing up. All child domains listen on the same port number.

I am not sure if this is something to do with the way new plugin needs to be configured. Do we need to configure each child domain connection directly?

Also, is it normal for this version of plugin not to have a configuration page entry on the Orchestrators config web UI (service port 8283)?

Edit: in the orchestrator client, within my AD plugin tree I found that general tab details state that Sub domain autoconnect is set to false. However, I can't locate anywhere within plugin configuration workflows and option that allows me to set it.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

>>Also, is it normal for this version of plugin not to have a configuration page entry on the Orchestrators config web UI (service port 8283)?

Yes it is. vRO Configurator interface is removed in vRO 7. All newer plugins are migrated toward using configuraiton workflows instead of usign vRO configurator interface.

>> Edit: in the orchestrator client, within my AD plugin tree I found that general tab details state that Sub domain autoconnect is set to false. However, I can't locate anywhere within plugin configuration workflows and option that allows me to set it.

Starting with version 2.0 there is support for multiple AD server connections. The recomended way is to use connection toward particular domain controler (Ussually each subdomain has it's own ad server ).

"Sub domain autoconnect" is set to false by default for new conneciton added with "Add an Active  directory server". it can be reenable using "Update an Active Directory server"

rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the hint. I shall give the recommended way a shot..

But looking at the "Update an Active Directory server workflow" v2.0.1, which option would I use to re-enable subdomain autoconnect?

2016-03-14 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Start "Update an Active Directory server" workflow. On the second page of theenable-subdomains.PNG presentation enable "Show sundomian in the invenory tree..." option

Latest avaialble version of the plugin is 2.0.8 and it can be downlaoded from here - Technical preview version of VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for Microsoft Active Directory

0 Kudos
rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My presentation is completely different:

2016-03-14 10_13_45 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

what's the workflow version do you use?

Yes, I grabbed the latest 2.0.8 plugin to try direct sub-domain connect, I just saw your release notification too.

I'll update my result a bit later this week as I need to get authorized access first. But this sub-domain option is driving me crazy as I can't locate it.

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As far as i remember when using legacy workflow "Configure Active Directory  ... (deprecated)"  added host will have this flag enabled.

0 Kudos