VMware Cloud Community
pankajchhabra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Get the error on creating on Demand NAT

Hello,

I have a blueprint which creates on Demand NAT. I have a NAT Profile. In the blueprint I have On Demand NAT and have given the NAT Profile to it. To this NAT only one VM is attached. When I execute the request from my service page in VRA, it fails with error

My understanding is that With NAT Profile, it will create automatically a Logical switch and will create an Edge Gateway based on the External Profile attached on the NAT profile.

I get the following error -

Request [140b45ab-f066-4792-8ba8-aa1ce395ad71]: 404 Not Found

I don't see any error in Monitoring->Logs.

When do we see above error?

Please let me know how to fix it.

Thanks,

Pankaj

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pankajchhabra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I hot hint from another thread that this does not happen for Internal VRO. For external VRO it is certificate issue.

I was using IP address in vCenter endpoint, instead of the FQDN. After using FQDN, it is not a problem.

Thanks,
Pankaj

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlexJudge
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Do you have the NSX server details configured on the vCenter endpoint? Also, does your data collection for NSX complete successfully?

0 Kudos
pankajchhabra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I have configured the NSX server on the vCenter end point and data collection did complete successfully. My NSX is on https://172.26.1.20 and after Data collection I see virtual wires and router.

Could this be similar issues faced by other member vRealize Automation 7 - NSX deployments fail due to certificate issues with vRealize Orchestrator‌?

I am using internal VRO appliance.

Regards,

Pankaj

0 Kudos
AlexJudge
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, I think you're on the right track. I had the same issue in my lab with an external vRO instance. I resolved the problem by replacing the certificate on my vRO appliance with one that reflected the actual DNS name of the vRO machine. By default the vRO instance has a name of localhost.localdom.

You should be able to use the internal vRO configuration tool to re-issue a certificate for the instance with a valid DNS name.

0 Kudos
pankajchhabra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

Please note that I am using Internal VRO but seems issue is with the certificate. I will try replacing certificate on Internal VRO to see if it fixes it.

Regards,

Pankaj

0 Kudos
pankajchhabra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I hot hint from another thread that this does not happen for Internal VRO. For external VRO it is certificate issue.

I was using IP address in vCenter endpoint, instead of the FQDN. After using FQDN, it is not a problem.

Thanks,
Pankaj

0 Kudos