VMware Communities
Twood83
Contributor
Contributor

running lower resolution on 4k display in full screen

hello,

recently got a new laptop and it has a 4k display. I'm having problems running a lower resolution in full screen on this display. When I have another monitor connected I do not have problems running on the other monitor at its native resolution in full screen, which is 1920x1200. On my laptop display lower resolution ends up being a small centered screen when running full screen.

No configuration I have done seems to work well for me to be able to read anything on my win7 vm. I did have success with changing dpi scale to 200% but VMware tools keeps resetting it on each reboot. So I must pause my vm in order to keep these changes intact. They must be reset on each reboot. Is there a way for me to disable VMware tools from adjusting dpi? Using win10 pro as host os.

Anyone else been down this path and have any suggestions? Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BookKnew
Contributor
Contributor

maybe  you can specify a fixed resolution to the visual machine by these steps:1,choosing the visual machine , then press the hotkey:Ctrl+D;2,choosing the display table>specify monitor setting, then choose a resolution.

0 Kudos
suka09
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem and spent hours today looking for a fix. No luck so far for support of a 4K screen. This appears to be a known issue based on the VMware Community Workstation forums.

0 Kudos