VMware Cloud Community
thakala
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Anyone working on a HTML5 Web UI for VRO workflows and wiling to share?

I have a need for very simple Web UI for launching VRO workflows from PC and mobile. I have been studying AngularJS as it seems to be convenient way to access VRO REST API over Web but HTML, CSS and this level JavaScript aren't really my strongest skills so progress has been slow Smiley Sad.

Has anyone already done any simple Web UI which would allow executing workflows over VRO REST API?

If yes would you be willing to share your project?

Or should we launch a Kickstarter and hire bunch of devs from Freelancer.com Smiley Wink

Tomi http://v-reality.info
0 Kudos
2 Replies
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

In the past when this type of stuff came up it seems like people always pointed to WaveMaker - Rapid Application Development for Web & Mobile Apps .  I am pretty sure VMware owned this for a short time.  Anyway just about any of the app development platforms like Appcelerator, appery.io, AWS mobile hub, Anypresence, just to name a few get you up and running very quickly.  Especially if you just want to build a simple front end and you are already familiar with the rest api.  Most of those mentioned also provide other back end services.  If it is only front end you need Ionic seems really cool.  I'm not a mobile or web app developer but I have been recently looking around at these technologies for both back and front end development.  Some of them do build upon Angular if that is appealing to you.  I'm pretty sure Ionic does.

You do have the option of using either the vCenter web client or vRA as a front end.  Its a shame that the web views were deprecated but the integration with the vCenter web client is pretty nice.  You probably are aware of these options but I figured I would mention them.

Good luck!

Paul

0 Kudos
Beazy
Contributor
Contributor

Take a look at digital design agency Webcapitan. They have been extremely helpful and trustworthy. So far, no big issues have occurred.

0 Kudos