VMware Horizon Community
douglasarcidino
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Load Balancing Security Servers with Multiple Public IP Addresses

Hey everyone,

I'm generally pretty competent with View but I have run into a scenario that I have not been able to test and I have not been able to come up with a 100% answer on.

Here is the scenario. Client purchased new hardware and software licenses to migrate to View 6 from Citrix. They were planning on having ARIN IP addresses in the new data center and built the whole design on it. Well, ARIN IPV4 addresses are gone and that's just not going to change. They have two carriers coming into the building and want to have View be accessible externally from both carriers without the users having to do anything. In order to get them up and running I did the wrong thing and just created vdi.contoso.com A records for each IP address and made the appropriate changes to the security servers and connection servers. This "works" but it isn't ideal because there is no intelligence and users can be forced to login several times before they get their desktop.

So, here is my new plan and I am looking for community guidance on this. Take the netscaler vpx load balancer, add one address to vdi1.contoso.com and the second to vdi2.contoso.com and then have everything accessible from vdi.contoso.com. I'm not a load balancer expert and I am just looking for guidance on how to design this solution or if there is a better way to do it.

The client need is to have view accessible regardless of if one of the internet connections goes down.

Thanks,

Doug Arcidino

If you found this reply helpful, please mark as answer VCP-DCV 4/5/6 VCP-DTM 5/6
0 Kudos
0 Replies