VMware Cloud Community
TrevorBlack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 7 - Installation Wizard - Validation Step Hangs Forever

I'm trying to spin up a POC of vRA 7. I deployed the appliance, setup the Windows IaaS host according to the documented requirements. I am doing a minimal install, went through the Installation Wizard with no issues all the way to the 'Validation' step. Once here, I click on Validate, and the "Validation is in progress" message appears. However, nothing else happens. It stays at 0%, there is virtually no CPU or network activity on either the appliance or the IaaS host. I let it sit for over 10 hours, nothing. I tried rebooting the appliance and host, got back to the Validation step (progress was saved, thankfully,) but still have the same problem. I never get a timeout or any error messages, it just sits there and does nothing. I can click the 'Previous" button, navigate back and forth through the wizard as normal, even change values or re-generate certificates, etc. I just can't get past (or even into) Validation.. Anyone else seen this, or have any suggestions? I'm think I might just re-deploy the appliance, but I'm not feeling confident that will make any difference at this point.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TrevorBlack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I wound up re-deploying the appliance to no avail. I then tried running the Installation Wizard directly from the Windows IaaS host, which for some reason worked. My appliance and IaaS host are in the same subnet with no firewalling whatsoever between them (Windows Firewall disabled on the host.) I had even looked through the logs on the IaaS host to see if there were any security policies preventing execution of the tasks, but could find nothing to even indicate any had been attempted. I didn't dig into appliance logs, so not sure what I may have found there. I'm not sure why it didn't work from another VM on the same subnet, running the same OS and browser, etc. I probably would have tried running it from another machine earlier had the wizard not seemed to be functioning perfectly.. In any case, all is well now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TrevorBlack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I wound up re-deploying the appliance to no avail. I then tried running the Installation Wizard directly from the Windows IaaS host, which for some reason worked. My appliance and IaaS host are in the same subnet with no firewalling whatsoever between them (Windows Firewall disabled on the host.) I had even looked through the logs on the IaaS host to see if there were any security policies preventing execution of the tasks, but could find nothing to even indicate any had been attempted. I didn't dig into appliance logs, so not sure what I may have found there. I'm not sure why it didn't work from another VM on the same subnet, running the same OS and browser, etc. I probably would have tried running it from another machine earlier had the wizard not seemed to be functioning perfectly.. In any case, all is well now.

0 Kudos
baburajup
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I am also unable to deploy vRA 7, I am stuck at validation stage for ever.

Any update on this, how to get ahead and complete the installation ?

0 Kudos