VMware Horizon Community
PhilNyeTheITGuy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Orphaned Replica

After a failed attempt to add a new Automated Floating (Linked Cloned) Desktop pool I had to manually delete the Desktop pool. I removed all desktops from the ADAM database, Vcenter, and Active directory.  I had to connect to the host directly with vsphere to delete the replica. Of course now in the my vcenter the vm is orphaned.

I ran the following command, replacing VMName with the replica name.

SviConfig -operation=RemoveSviClone -VmName=VMname -AdminUser=TheLocalAdminUser -AdminPassword=TheLocalAdminPassword -ServerUrl=TheViewComposerServerURL

The cmd returned with "SviConfig finished with an error. Exit code: 23 VM name is not found in the database"

View Admin - 6.1.0 build-2509221

Agent Version - 6.1.0 2509441

Host - ESXI, 6.0.0, 3380124

Please help

Thank You

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
douglasarcidino
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

All you need to do to remove the Orphaned replica is to right-click on the inventory object and select remove from inventory. If the replica and the pool are gone, this all you need to do. The sviconfig command was for removing it from the view database, not the vcenter inventory.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as such.

If you found this reply helpful, please mark as answer VCP-DCV 4/5/6 VCP-DTM 5/6

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
douglasarcidino
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

All you need to do to remove the Orphaned replica is to right-click on the inventory object and select remove from inventory. If the replica and the pool are gone, this all you need to do. The sviconfig command was for removing it from the view database, not the vcenter inventory.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as such.

If you found this reply helpful, please mark as answer VCP-DCV 4/5/6 VCP-DTM 5/6
0 Kudos