VMware Horizon Community
anvr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon client for Windows 10 Mobile

When can we expect the VMware Horizon Client for Windows 10 Mobile....waiting for the ultimate end-user-experience > VMware Horizon with Lumia 950XL and Continuum :smileyplain:

12 Replies
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks for asking! We're hard at work on it.  pleamshen

Razamatazz
Contributor
Contributor

Have you made any progress on this? I am using my 950XL as my daily business computer and being able to remote into my corporate virtual desktop would be fantastic? Will  it  actually be a Horizon Client in universal mode or will this require blast/extreme to work?

0 Kudos
MayRob2
Contributor
Contributor

Is there maybe an estimate when it might be released?

0 Kudos
CADonVM
Contributor
Contributor

Want also put my expectations on that product. Would be great if is working on a WIndows 10 Mobile with Continuum. We are heavily changig to VDI even on CAD System usage an mobile benefit would be great.

Can you give us an expectation when product is ready for review?

Kind regards

Jochen

FrancisBeland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Me too I would like to know how far are we from a release of that client. Thank you for your work.

0 Kudos
beutlern
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

same here.

we are using more and more tablets as edge devices and without unity touch (or something similar for windows clients) it is a pain to access virtual desktops.

the iOS client is really awesome, just port that to win10 😉

0 Kudos
FrancoisBourget
Contributor
Contributor

Would be very nice!!! any updates ?? timeframe ?

0 Kudos
Stealthgyro
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent, I'll be keeping my eye on this, perhaps one day I'll be able to just bring my phone to and from work instead of my entire laptop.

0 Kudos
Beckett
Contributor
Contributor

VMworld 2016: New unified endpoint management could make it easier to manage Windows 10 devices - Te...

"A new unified endpoint management approach from VMware could make it easier to manage and support Windows 10 devices, the company announced on Tuesday at the 2016 VMworld conference. The new approach, along with updates to VMware Horizon and VMware Workspace ONE, has the potential to improve management of the mobile workforce as well.

More information about the endpoint management solution will be shared atAirWatch Connect Atlanta in October."

Hopefully the UWP client will release that first week of October.  I would love to replace my laptop with a Continuum solution.

0 Kudos
anvr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes...VMware Horizon Client for W10 Mobile available in store. Only support RDP (display protocol)...PCoIP doesn't work at this time.

0 Kudos
Dongw
Contributor
Contributor

Windows Horizon Client W10 mobile currently only support VMware Blast Extreme protocol.  PCoIP will supported in short future.

rspitz
Contributor
Contributor

The new version 4.3.0.0 of the Horizon UWP client finally supports PCoIP protocol and is working with satisfactory performance on my Lumia 950 with Microsoft Dock. I am writing this posting from a virtual desktop via this setup.

There are a couple of flaws, though. Biggest problem is handling of key combinations like ALT-TAB or SHIFT-ENTER, which are not transmitted to the virtual desktop. ALT-TAB tries to switch between apps running on the phone and not between windows on the virtual desktop, SHIFT-ENTER is transmitted like ENTER alone. Also, there is no repeat function for keys that are held down, e.g. I keep an arrow key pressed down and nothing happens, the cursor doesn't move.

Another feature I am sorely missing is the capability to access an USB drive from the virtual Desktop.

Will these deficiencies be addressed in future releases?

Regards, Richard

0 Kudos