VMware Cloud Community
sel57
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cannot Use Windows Session Credentials in vSphere Client (6.0 U1)

I experienced this issue of not being able to use Windows session credentials with the 6.0 vcenter appliance, but after upgrading to U1 that is supposed to fix the issue (according to this kb), the issue remains for me. When I log in to https://VCSA_IP:5480 via root and check for updates, it says there's nothing to install and that I'm all up to date. Anyone else still have this issue after upgrading?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Joe1393
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had a similar issue but I had an extern platform service controller that wasn't joined to AD.  I ran through this KB on both my vCenter Server and PSC.  Then I was able to login using windows session credentials.  VMware KB: The option to join vCenter Server Appliance 6.0 to an Active Directory domain is unavaila...

0 Kudos
sel57
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Joe1393-

Thanks for the reply. My PSC is not external and my vcenter (appliance) has already been joined to a domain. I can log into my vcenter using domain credentials without issue. It's just the session credentials that don't seem to work.

0 Kudos
vmEck
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Have you updated to the latest version of the Client Integration Plug-in? You can find download links in the Resolution section of this KB article:

VMware KB: vSphere Web Client integration plug-in fails in Google Chrome 45 or later

0 Kudos
sel57
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply Adam. I was actually referring to the thick client, but yes, I have tried that latest client integration plugin for the web client with no luck there either. It doesn't matter what browser I use (have tested with 4),

I found this, but my hostname is already the fqdn, but I should probably attempt all the steps just in case.

0 Kudos
tarmacalastair
Contributor
Contributor

My PSC was already joined to the domain but there is no option to join the VC.

This solved it for me:

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=21185...

Alastair

0 Kudos