VMware Cloud Community
MrPlumber
Contributor
Contributor

Auto-Startup/Shutdown VMs

I know this has been covered before (and I've read those documents/threads/etc.), but I'm still having issues. Forgive my ignorance!

So far I've enabled it as so:

Capture1.PNG

But the VMs under "Automatic Startup" still aren't auto-starting. I then found that HA can be a factor (if it's enabled, you can't auto-startup/shutdown VMs). However, it's currently in a N/A state:

Capture2.PNG

Each VM has this same N/A state as well (and VM Tools are installed on all of them, if that matters). I also don't have any Clusters or anything listed under home, so I can't figure out where to truly disable HA:

Capture3.PNG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ahmed_Selim
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

vMotion will work only when have cluster configured and multiple hosts.

what i see that you're logged in host using vsphere client. In that case you're configure the startup order of the vms with the host only.

Please read this https://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-4-esx-vcenter/index.jsp?topic=/com.vmware.vsphere.vmadmin.doc_41/vsp...

--- If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Helpful or Correct Kind regards, Ahmed Selim
0 Kudos
MrPlumber
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, does vMotion required to be on/off for automatic VM startup/shutdown? I thought HA was in question

Also, I read that link you posted and had already tried that as I stated in my original post (I also didn't come across any mention of vMotion). And it appears that link is for vSphere 4 if that matters at all (vSphere 5 is what I'm using).

0 Kudos
MrPlumber
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?

0 Kudos
MrPlumber
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?

0 Kudos