VMware Cloud Community
Czernobog
Expert
Expert

vRA 6.2 - assigning a vRO user interaction to multiple users in vRA

I've built and published a vRO workflow, that includes a user interaction. Everything works well in vRO itself, however in vRA the user interaction gets assigned only to the person (account), that has requested the workflow in vRA, no matter who the assignee is in the vRO workflow.

For example - I am the requester of the workflow, but want to send a user interaction to multiple users outside of my business group. I put the ldap users and groups as values into the security.assignees and security.assignee.groups into the user interaction in vRO. After launching the workflow in vRA I can see, that the values are set correctly in the user interaction, however only I get a notification in my inbox in vRA.

Is there a way to assign the user interaction to multiple users in vRA?

I've read here: VMware vRealize Automation – Approval Policy options in vRealize Automation – SolutionYST that this is a default behavior regarding vRO user interactions in vRA (last paragraph). The official documentation doesn't give any hints regarding this.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Czernobog
Expert
Expert

After asking around various sources, it turns out, that this works as intendedSmiley Sad

If someone has an idea for a workaround (generating an approval policy?) to get something like I have described done, I will appreciate it.

0 Kudos
tchristin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I'm facing kind of same issue : Only vsphere.local users receive manual user action task into their inbox

Can you check the "Assigned To" field to see if there is the list of users and group you previously chosen ?

Do you have the problem with local (vsphere.local) or AD users ?

Tim.

0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert

Hi,

I've checked with vRO 7.2 and the assignee functionality still does not work. Or at least it does not work as I would expect it to work, that is, that only the assignees can answer the user interaction.

0 Kudos