VMware Cloud Community
FelipeOGutierre
Contributor
Contributor

How to make vmware iscsi behave like linux iscsi initiator or microsoft iscsi initiator?

Hi, I am newbie at vmware and I am trying to connect an iSCSI target (jscsi.org) at vcenter through its initiator. I already can do through NFS when I mount with open-iscsi initiator and NFS protocol. But, for some reason, the vmware iscsi initiator does not behave in the same way of the linux open-iscsi initiator. I cant arrive until the partition of the disk but vmware cannot format my disk (image attached).

1. Do you guys know how to configure the iscsi vmware initiator to behave like the open-iscsi linux initiator or microsoft initiator?

2. Where can I see more log messages about the refused connection? I am seeking erros at /var/log/vmkernel.log

3. I pluged wireshark and I can see the vmware initiator makes more the one connection login, instead open-iscsi initiator and microsoft initiator makes just one. Maybe it is trying to make severel connections in the iscsi session? How to check it? Because when I allowed more connections at my iscsi target (jscsi.org) it goes until finish the partition table disk, but still cannot format.

image.png

0 Kudos
0 Replies