VMware Horizon Community
ddewire
Contributor
Contributor

Nvidia vGPU on Windows 10

Im trying to install the NVIDIA driver on a Windows 10 Horizon desktop and it is telling me it can not find compatible graphics hardware.  On Windows 7, I added the shared PCI device to the VM and configured it for the Grid K120q profile.  The NVIDIA drivers installs and the device manager shows an NVIDIA GRID K120Q device as well as a VMWARE sVGA 3D device.  On Windows 10, I added the shared PCI device to the VM and configured it for the Grid K120q profile.  Device manager shows the VMWARE sVGA 3D device and a Microsoft Basic Display device.  If I try to install the drivers (361.75), it tells me "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware. 

I have vmtools installed and the Horizon 6.2 agent.  This is running on vsphere 6.

Anyone have any idea how to get vGPU working on Windows 10?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlexeyKhudyakov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

NVIDIA vGPU works perfectly on Windows 10. I have the same configuration on my work desktop: Windows 10 Prof, vGPU and K140Q profile.

Have you installed NVIDIA vib to ESXi ?

First of all you must install a *.vib driver and after that you must install NVIDIA driver to the virtual machine with Windows 10.

0 Kudos