VMware Communities
rus0nix
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with 3D application on Fusion 8.1 Pro

There is an application Galileos Viewer 1.9. It should be displayed 3D-projection radiographs. Here's an example can be seen here: http://www.sirona.ru/ru/products/imaging-systems/galileos-implant/?tab=2798. But on my Mac in the virtual machine it is impossible to see, only the 2D-projection. In instructions to the program says that to be displayed in 3D must be installed in the system video card with Shader Model 3. I have a MacPro 11.5 and it is installed card AMD Radeon R9 M370X. It supports SM 3.0. The program works only under Windows, so was set WMWare Fusion 8.1 Pro and its Windows 10 x86. The setting Fusion 3D-acceleration is enabled for this virtual machine, but Galileos Viewer 1.9 does not work 3D. What could be the problem?

Снимок2.JPGСнимок3.JPGСнимок5.JPG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi rus0nix,

Would you please provide some sample files of Galileos Viewer (.gwg) so that I can try them in my test environment?

Regards,

-Rick

0 Kudos
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Ok, I found a sample file from the installation folder and I was able to see the 3D view in Galileos Viewer. Could you please post a screenshot if you are still unable to see the 3D view?Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 5.20.00 PM.png

My test environment:

================

Mac Pro Late 2013

Processor: 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory: 64 GB

Graphics: AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

HOS: OSX 10.11.4

GOS: Windows 10 X64

Fusion 8.1 GA build

Galileos Viewer 1.9

0 Kudos
rus0nix
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, RickShu

I don't have a Mac Pro now, but I can show a screenshot from a windows machine. They are the same.

12.JPG

I had already lost hope to do something, because I tried to install Windows via Boot Camp, and so was unable to obtain 3D.

0 Kudos