VMware Cloud Community
jstaley001
Contributor
Contributor

vRA 7 - Increase the size of a Text Area element of a blueprint

When adding a Text Area element to a xaas blueprint using the blueprint designer there are three options for the size of the Text Area box, Small, Medium, and Large. I am in need a a larger sized text area box than any of the options give me. Is there a way to increase the size of the box?

I am trying to create a blueprint where the user can edit/create a role in chef using a vRO workflow. The json text in the role can be long and editing in the small box is challenging, in particular for the long lines that break in funny places and makes it hard to follow. Ideally the size of the box would be dynamically sized based on the content, however having that would just be a bonus.

Any help in creating a larger text area box is appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FrodeGarnes
Contributor
Contributor

#bump

We also see value of larger fields (Huge or even selv defined).

Also in other elements, like Dual list (Where one could display port group names usually too long names for good presentation in the dual list)

0 Kudos
Adiel_Gilboa
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Did you find any solution/workaround ?

0 Kudos
ts-lcm
Contributor
Contributor

Did someone find a solution meanwhile? This is really annoying speaking of large as ca. 380px.

0 Kudos
blanket
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi using cloud client you can export VRA YAML and then import it back:

pastedImage_0.png

Before importing back to VRA you update the size field in the YAML to get larger size fields.

I've tested size: 6 that works (4 is large in UI).

Unfortunately we haven't found a way to manipulate vertical field size.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You won't be able to manipulate the vertical dimension on these fields. If you're using custom forms you can use CSS to effect the horizontal, but vertical is fixed due to it being resizable.

0 Kudos