VMware Cloud Community
vishalchand
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

There is no more space for virtual disk XX

We have found two VM's on vsan storage paused with an error: "There is no more space for virtual disk .vmdk..But the vsan has about 3TB of free space.. " Based on this VMware KB Using small magnetic disks for Virtual SAN might result in virtual machine failures (2080503)‌ the physical magnetic disk used for vsan is greater than 255GB.

Capture.PNG

Based on the health check does highlight the provisioning capacity is above 70% and the recommendation is to add more disks." Would this be the root cause for VM outage?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zdickinson
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Good morning, I don't know if that's causing the error; but the rule I have heard is that you should never ever, Ever, EVER go above 80% usage on vSAN.  95% used is really high.  Also you state that you have a little over 3 TB free, but I see 7887 GB of 8299 used.  That's 412 GB free.

I would add a disk group, add disks to a disk group, or free up some space as soon as possible.  Thank you, Zach.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
zdickinson
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Good morning, I don't know if that's causing the error; but the rule I have heard is that you should never ever, Ever, EVER go above 80% usage on vSAN.  95% used is really high.  Also you state that you have a little over 3 TB free, but I see 7887 GB of 8299 used.  That's 412 GB free.

I would add a disk group, add disks to a disk group, or free up some space as soon as possible.  Thank you, Zach.

0 Kudos