VMware Edu & Cert Community
HCall
Contributor
Contributor

VCP5-DCV Renewal Question

My VCP5-DCV expires later this year and I am trying to decide what "path" to take.  I know I can take the VCP6 delta exam.  But was curious to know...if I were to take and pass the VCP6-DTM exam, would that renew my VCP5-DCV to where I would have the VCP6-DTM and the VCP5-DCV?  Or would it replace the VCP5-DCV certification?

Thank you for the assistance.

Heath

4 Replies
xaviertaylor
Contributor
Contributor

HCall,

If you take a look at the following link, VCP6-DTM Certification, you will see that your answer is the affirmative. Your VCP status will be renewed. Take a look at the FAQ section.

Thanks

0 Kudos
HCall
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I missed seeing that FAQ answered.  I guess since there wasn't a VCP5-Desktop cert than that would apply to all VCP's.  It just stays as a VCP5.

Thank you again.

lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Well, there was a VCP5-Desktop certification available but it was retired last year. But earning a new certification doesn't replace your old certifications, it just extends the time that it's valid. So, if you were to follow Path 2 under the "Existing Candidates" tab here; VCP6-DTM Certification you would earn a new VCP6-DTM certification and the expiration date on your VCP5-DCV would be extended. However, you would not hold a VCP6-DCV certification unless you also pass that exam.

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your VCP5-DCV will be extended by 2 years from the date that you were to pass either the 2V0-651 exam (for VCP6-DTM) or the 2V0-621D exam (for VCP6-DCV).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos