VMware Communities
bmcraec
Contributor
Contributor

QuickBooks 2011 on WinXP VM migrated to Fusion 8 crashes when reporting or exporting

A client has recently upgraded to Fusion 8 on El Capitan, and their existing WinXP VM was successfully copied over and runs. Unfortunately every time he tries to do anything involving file export from his QuickBooks 2011 application (including generating PDFs), QuickBooks freezes and crashes.

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to proceed? VMWare tools has been installed and updated.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mini2008
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi bmcraec,

Welcome to Fusion forum~

Where is your exported files? In host or guest?

If your exported file located in host, have you enabled Shared Folder in Settings->Sharing?

Or could you please provide more detailed info if this really cannot help you?

Thanks~

0 Kudos
bmcraec
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mini2008,

Thanks for the reply!

To clarify, the VM was migrated from an older Mac, and from VMWare 5 to VMWare 8. The (Windows XP) VM loads fine, but the QuickBooks 2008 application inside the migrated VM also opens fine, but when we attempt to export data, QuickBooks freezes. I believe all the Fusion tools have been updated, but I didn't get very far in diagnosing what's going on.

Is that enough information to help? I will need to arrange a visit with the client in order to get more info.

Thank you!

0 Kudos