VMware Communities
Manni2
Contributor
Contributor

[Old version 6.0.5]Uses old version due to 32-Bit windows as host; Install doesn't work

Hello,

I wanted to create a vm using DOS. Since it is allready a little bit tricky to get files for setting it up I wanted to use FreeDOS instead. The iso-file for cd burning is on my harddisk and I creasted a new vm with 512 MB disk space and 64 MB RAM. As the machine starts it finds the c-disk but can't check for size so the only opportunity to do is to run xfdisk before the setup starts. Since this program relies on the real hardware it doesn't work correctly and setup stops. Aftrerwards the system is useless due to the not-installed os and the not-functioning installation process.

I also found a MS-DOS 7.1 cd image file and tried this. But the setup wants to create a ram disk which is not working so setup stops with error.

Do anyone see any possibility or a file in internet to installDOS (MS or anything else) into a vm.

System: AMD-based motherboard with 3 GB RAM and nvidia gt610 graphics. Disks: all three systems (IDE, S-ATA and SCSI) mixed. One dvd-rom and one burner.

Windows 7 SP1 Pro 32-Bit. VMWare Player 6.0.5.

greetings

Manni2

0 Kudos
1 Reply
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjWzcX20tnKA...
Just tried the msdos 7.1 iso from above link - works very nice - all setup is done by a wizard. VMs was running in less than 5 minutes

0 Kudos