VMware Horizon Community
cyberfed2727
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Going to vCenter 5.5u3b - Impact on Horizon View?

We are currently at 5.5u3a but need to upgrade to 5.5u3b. We are currently running Horizon View 5.3.4 for our VDI environment.

My question is will Horizon View have any issues with the 3b patch due to SSLv3 being disabled?

I checked the interoperability matrices and according to them every version of Horizon View from 5.3.3 to the current 6.2.1 is supported, however I've been burned by those matrices in the past being wrong. I would like to here some feed back from real world users.

We are planning on upgrading Horizon to 6.2.1 but not until after we are at 5.5u3b.Unfortunately our hardware is no longer supported in ESXi/vCenter 6 so we can't move our entire platform to 6.

2 Replies
jeniferslabaugh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have not done it myself, but apparently it does cause problems.  The issues and a workaround are detailed here: View Composer DiskFault: Disk customization failed due to an internal error - Support Insider - VMwa...

cyberfed2727
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks, that's good information to know. Looks like anything below 6.1 is an issue. I'll have to confirm with VMware that 6.2 will work ok with the 3b update.

0 Kudos