VMware Edu & Cert Community
gonet0mar
Contributor
Contributor

New VCP6-DCV candidate

Dears,

I'm a new candidate for the VCP6-DCV certificate , I'm preparing to pass the exam in April.

But please I need from you to help me and give me more idea.

1- I need some information about the requirements to pass the certificats !? such as an courses or another certificates .

2- if I pass the VCA6-DCV can I pass after it the VCP6-DCV.

3- where can I found some free courses to prepare both certification .

Thanks a lot , and i'm sorry if my English was bad.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Start here: VCP6-DCV Certification

Path 1 on that page explains the requirements - you need to take a course and pass 2 exams.

I created this page on my blog which explains things too, and has some useful links: VMware Training and Certification: VCP6-DCV Information and Preparation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
gonet0mar
Contributor
Contributor

thank you sir , for your precious information . I will than make more research .

So the possibilities to make a VCA6-DCP than a VCP6-DCV is not possible !??

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

‌There is no connection between VCA and VCP certifications - gaining a VCA is not required to do a VCP, nor does gaining a VCA give you any credit towards a VCP.

So, if you're going to do VCP, forget about VCA and just focus on the VCP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos