VMware Cloud Community
itpassionate77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCenter Operations Manager is not showing new added VMS

Hi all,

I have a vSphere 5.5U2 environment coupled with vCenter Operations Manager 5.8.4 In this environment, I have a strange behavior as new created VMs are not showed directly in the infrastructure tree. Sometimes they raise within 1 hour, sometimes others need several days to appear.

If I want an immediate reflection of the VMs that I have in vCenter, the best "workaround" I tried is to restart the vCenter Operations Manager services from the UI VM.

All components are registered in DNS names, I've checked that all entries are correct which is the case. And they're resolvable.

vCenter Operations Manager is secured with an internal MS Certification Authority member of an Active Directory domain.

After "googleing' I've seen similar issue about hosts that are not seen, but not VMs.

Some of you already experienced this kind of issues?

thanks for your feedback,

Michaël  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itpassionate77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

As reported by VMware support, it's a normal behavior with this release of vCOPS. Needs to upgrade to version 6.x to solve the "issue

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
itpassionate77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

As reported by VMware support, it's a normal behavior with this release of vCOPS. Needs to upgrade to version 6.x to solve the "issue

0 Kudos