VMware Cloud Community
DAVIDsTEA
Contributor
Contributor

Token expiration date

Hi Guys,

I'm having an issue getting VMWARE Replication working between two sites.  No matter what I do, I keep getting "Token expiration date" ...

I see there are 2 other similar posts on the community but no actual resolution except that an update is coming in Q2 2016.  Does anyone have an idea on how to get this working?  Here's my situation:

• I just finished creating 2 new vCenter appliances and both use the same NTP servers.
  • All my ESXi hosts use the same NTP servers.
  • I installed a fresh vSphere Replication appliance on both ends and tried to add a target site from one side to another.
  • Error:  Token expiration date: Fri Jan 15 04:19:04 UTC 2016 is in the past.

I have a case opened with VMWARE but they haven't gotten back to me in 7 days.  I haven't been getting quick support from them in the last few calls I've placed so hopefully I can get something on here.  Case #: 6853965701.

Thanks a bunch guys. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DAVIDsTEA
Contributor
Contributor

I tried installing an older version 6.0.1 of vSphere Replication but I have the same results.  Not only that but now I notice issues with my vCenter servers in that I have trouble authenticating as if it's a 50/50 shot.  Sometimes it works from the Web client and others from the Windows client.  Very strange and annoying that installing vSphere Replication appliance is not only not functioning but also breaking my brand new vCenter servers(Had the same issue with Windows vCenter servers after installing VSphere Replication).  Seem to be having nothing but bugs with anything v6 and I'm thinking I should have stuck with 5.5!

Still no help from VMWARE support!!!  What's going on here?

At the moment, unregistered the Replication servers and deleted them.  I'll reboot my vCenter servers which will hopefully come back to normal again because I don't feel like re-creating them again.  Darn me for not using snapshots!

0 Kudos
DAVIDsTEA
Contributor
Contributor

Unregistering the Replication servers and deleting them seem to have fixed the vCenter authentication issues I was having.  So vSphere Replication v6 is broken, or at least it is for me on vCenter 6.0.0 - 3339084 fresh installation as appliance or on Windows.

0 Kudos
DAVIDsTEA
Contributor
Contributor

So after many hours of troubleshooting with VMWARE, they figured out that it has something to do with a token exchange taking longer than 1 second even though the latency between my sites is between 1 - 2ms.  They have a TEST build that they will be sending me that should resolve the issue until the next official version is released.  If anyone has this issue and needs more info, I'll be glad to point you in the right direction.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ztanos
Contributor
Contributor

What was their fix? I'm running into the exact same issue.

0 Kudos
DadoBR
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue with 6.1. How did you resolve it?

0 Kudos
ztanos
Contributor
Contributor

I figured out a work around.  Install a separate PSC server and point everything relevant to that.

vSphere 6.0 Documentation Center

^ = How to set external PSC as primary.

Once I did this, everything worked.  It's a time sync issue with the VCA running on UTC and the PSC running on local time zone and freaking out.  Once separated, it resolved itself.

0 Kudos
DAVIDsTEA
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the late reply but swamped at work.

In order to get this fixed, VMWARE provided me with a pre-release of a newer version which still isn't out yet.

Specifically: 6.1.0.26140 Build 3228150

0 Kudos