VMware Cloud Community
vgk99
Contributor
Contributor

The VM in vCAC stuck on status On (Reconfiguring)

I have reconfigured VM from vCAC portal to increase memory. When I look at virtual machine in vCenter the memory is increased as requested but the virtual machine status in vCAC portal shows "On (Reconfiguring)". Because of this status cannot perform any additional actions on the VMs. Any one have any idea how to get rid of this status of VM in vCAC?error.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
alexanderjn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had a VM in the same state back in July (running on vRA 6.2.2). Support told me the only way to get the VM back to a usable state was to remove it from vRA and re-import it using the procedure in KB 2077281. Another option (if you don't mind having some downtime) is configuring the vCenter proxy agent not to delete the VM from vCenter when deleting it from vRA as documented here. With doDeletes set to false the VM will be deleted from vRA but not vCenter, so it can be re-imported (try on a test VM first!).

It might be worth giving support a call to see if they have a better solution now.

0 Kudos
santoshannie
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Team,

We ran below command to clear the pending task, when we ran first query its status shown as "Reconfigure" so ran second query to clear the task.

Query1:

SELECT CurrentTask FROM VirtualMachine WHERE VirtualMachineName IN ('vmname' , You can add multiple vm )

If it is not "NULL" but it is "Reconfigure" run the below update. Then run data collections again.

Query1:

UPDATE dbo.VirtualMachine SET CurrentTask = NULL WHERE VirtualMachineName IN ('vmname' , You can add multiple vm )

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos