Has anyone else hit this issue and resolved it? I am also coming across this error message while attempting to create site pairing. Any help would be appreciated.
you can check that the provided user credentials are correct and have required permissions for pairing. Also check that time on VMs(PSC, VC, SRM) are in sync.
Hope that this help,
1 person found this helpful
The time was out of sync between VMs which was causing the site pairing to fail. We synchronized the clocks and everything paired fine. Thanks for your help Daniel!
I am getting the same issue - have checked the time on both vcenter servers and both srm servers and they are the same.
I'm using firstname.lastname@example.org account for the pairing (used the same account during SRM install)
try using a domain account which has admin permissions on both vCenters. I am assuming both your vCenters are in same domain or have cross domain trusts.
email@example.com is dedicated to a single SSO domain and unless both vCenters (production & DR) are registered to single SSO services these are seperate accounts local to each SSO.
Fixed it in the end - still had some service endpoints from version 5.5 registered - removed those and ensured that the necessary certificates were installed on the SRM servers
I know this is very old post.
This "Failed to acquire token from SSO server sts/STSService/vsphere.local" is w.r.t the account privileges.
Please login to the Administrator@vsphere.local from both sites and re-pair or add the account you are using to Administrators group.
This is the only solution that worked for me on SRM 6.5.0 site pairing, its not related to credentials as some said.
thank you sir
I was getting a time error as I was trying to connect the sites in SRM. When I tried to reconfigure the pairing, I would get the "failed to acquire Token from SSO server at 'https://mysite-dr/sts/STSService/mydomain'. After verifying that the time was correct on all devices, I contacted support. We ended up restarting the web client service on both VC's and that took care of it. For some reason the web client was not presenting the correct time when trying to connect to the DR VC.
service-control --stop vsphere-client
service-control --start vsphere-client