VMware Cloud Community
paurosi
Contributor
Contributor

SRM 6.1 site pairing

my sites have the vcenter server embeded on platform services, two sites one production one disaster recovery, when try to pair the sites from site production I get  "failed to acquire Token from SSO server at 'https://mysite-dr/sts/STSService/mydomain'". Can any one help slve this problem?

9 Replies
belau
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else hit this issue and resolved it? I am also coming across this error message while attempting to create site pairing. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Georgiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

you can check that the provided user credentials are correct and have required permissions for pairing. Also check that time on VMs(PSC, VC, SRM) are in sync.

Hope that this help,

Daniel G.

belau
Contributor
Contributor

The time was out of sync between VMs which was causing the site pairing to fail. We synchronized the clocks and everything paired fine. Thanks for your help Daniel!

AndyHeywood
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting the same issue - have checked the time on both vcenter servers and both srm servers and they are the same.

I'm using administrator@vsphere.local account for the pairing (used the same account during SRM install)

0 Kudos
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

try using a domain account which has admin permissions on both vCenters. I am assuming both your vCenters are in same domain or have cross domain trusts.

administrator@vsphere.local is dedicated to a single SSO domain and unless both vCenters (production & DR) are registered to single SSO services these are seperate accounts local to each SSO.

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
AndyHeywood
Contributor
Contributor

Fixed it in the end - still had some service endpoints from version 5.5 registered - removed those and ensured that the necessary certificates were installed on the SRM servers

0 Kudos
rajen450m
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I know this is  very old post.

This "Failed to acquire token from SSO server sts/STSService/vsphere.local" is w.r.t the account privileges.

Please login to the Administrator@vsphere.local from both sites and re-pair or add the account you are using to Administrators group.

Regards,

Rajendra

Raj M Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. Visit www.hypervmwarecloud.com for my blog posts, step-by-step procedures etc.,
0 Kudos
Koptan
Contributor
Contributor

This is the only solution that worked for me on SRM 6.5.0 site pairing, its not related to credentials as some said.

thank you sir

0 Kudos
ninrsfansd
Contributor
Contributor

I was getting a time error as I was trying to connect the sites in SRM.  When I tried to reconfigure the pairing, I would get the "failed to acquire Token from SSO server at 'https://mysite-dr/sts/STSService/mydomain'.  After verifying that the time was correct on all devices, I contacted support.  We ended up restarting the web client service on both VC's and that took care of it.  For some reason the web client was not presenting the correct time when trying to connect to the DR VC.

service-control --stop vsphere-client

service-control --start vsphere-client

0 Kudos