VMware Cloud Community
pizzle85
Expert
Expert

vRA 7 Tenant Admins don't have full access

Im attempting to stand up a DEV vRA 7 system. My first order of business was to add my AD groups as system administrators, which i believe maps to tenant administrators. I logged in as configurationadmin and created a new custom group and assigned it every role. When i log in as a user of the custom group (which contains an AD group), i now see all the administrative tabs. However on the Infrastructure tab i dont see Endpoints or monitoring. There were other places under Administration where i could see and modify settings but when clicking save it would say my user doesn't have permissions to perform this action. Am i missing something?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Endpoints are a function of the infrastructure administrator, not the tenant admin. That role can only be applied by administrator@vsphere.local to the tenant.

The rest sounds a bit fishy though. Which actions aren't you able to perform?

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have actually run into the same problem.  I added AD groups to tenant admin and infrastructure admin and logged in but could not see any other tabs other then Home and Inbox if I logged in with an AD account, but if I logged in with the local account I created I could see all tabs fine.  So to experiment I created a custom group like this user and added the AD group to that group and assigned all roles (even though I had assigned them to the AD group directly) and then when logging back in with my AD account I could see all tabs but when looking at Infra tab I only see Recent Events and that is it.  When logging back into the default with Administrator I go to tenants and see that the new custom group is in both the Tenant and IaaS groups so don't know what the problem is.

0 Kudos