VMware Cloud Community
Sean67
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Replication Capacity Planning Appliance

Hi,

Hopefully I have put this in the correct forum.

Anyway re the vSphere Replication Capacity Planning Appliance for use regarding vSphere Replication, has anybody used this?

I have 2 separate  v6 vSphere environments, in one the vSphere Replication Capacity Planning Appliance works perfectly well with no problems however this is not my production environment.

In the second which is my production environment and where I really need to use this tool I have problem with the vSphere Replication Capacity Planning Appliance in that although I have configured it correctly it persistently gives me an exception error which is "Exception: Cannot find vm named "vm_name*"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vilinski
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

When and where do you see this message? Can you provide details about what do you mean by "I have configured it correctly"? Where do you get vm_name from?

0 Kudos
Sean67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

When I say I have configured it correctly what I mean is:

The OVA deployed correctly I can connect to its management page, I can log onto it from a remote console and all appears to be fine.

The network settings are correct as in ip address, subnet mask, gateway and dns servers.

I have given it a host name, I have created a DNS record for it, all because I thought this was a name resolution issue.

So below is the command and the output of the command, I have removed the sensitive info,

vrtma:/opt/vmware/hbrtraffic/bin # ./configureReplication --vc=<ip_address_of vcenter_server> --vcuser=<username> --vcpass=<password> --lwd=<ip address_of_appliance> --vmname=<name_of_vm> --rpo=15

INFO:root:Trying to find VM named <name_of_vm>

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "../..//apps/lwdStats/configureReplication.py", line 153, in <module>

File "../..//apps/lwdStats/configureReplication.py", line 143, in main

Exception: Cannot find vm named "<name_of_vm>"

vrtma:/opt/vmware/hbrtraffic/bin #

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos