VMware Cloud Community
twoton
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Help Configuring Alert Notification E-mails

Hello-

I recently upgraded to vRealize Operations 6.1 and am having trouble getting e-mail notification to work properly for alerts.  At first I just wanted to receive alert notification e-mail when a certain group of machines in a VM folder were running low on disk space, so I tried configuring a notification filter for that specifically. I had 9 active alerts matching the criteria already active, so I cancelled all of them and waited for them to re-trigger thinking that I would receive an alert when they did.  I never received anything when they re-triggered, however I did receive an e-mail notification that they had been cancelled in the first place.  I thought that maybe my filters were too specific, so I played around and tried setting the notification scope to all virtual machines with no other filters, then I tried a notification trigger of impact - health with no other filters, then I tried a trigger of an alert definition, and finally I tried setting the criticality to a low setting, but nothing I do makes it so that a notification is sent once the alert re-triggers.  Interestingly enough, I do receive a notification when I resolve the issue and the alarm clears. Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This sounds like a known issue in 6.1.  A patch was recently released to address this.

VMware KB: Public Patch (Build 3294016) for VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This sounds like a known issue in 6.1.  A patch was recently released to address this.

VMware KB: Public Patch (Build 3294016) for VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.1

0 Kudos
twoton
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, that was it!  After applying the patch, I now get new e-mail alerts for the low disk space warnings and not just the cancellations. 

0 Kudos