VMware Cloud Community
caojia0715cn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In VIO2.0 I created VM, the VM is normal, but the network can't ping outside vm, how to deal with?

In VIO2.0 I created  VM, the VM is normal, but the network can't ping outside vm.

I had add ICMP ruler.

my VM's netwrok type_drivers = vlan, have any suggest?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kotton
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Which plugin are you using? The DVS or the NSX|V? What do you mean that you are unable to ping outside the VM? If you launch two VM's on the same network are they able to interface with one another?

If you are using the DVS plugin please note that there is no Layer 3 support. If you want connectivity with the outside work then you can create a provider network that conects to a network that is routable.

Thanks

Gary

0 Kudos
caojia0715cn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I use DVS .

I launch two VM's on the same network,  they are able to interface with each other. but VM can't ping host throught they are the same network segment.

The network that I create has VLAN, I think I should modify some configured file on controller,   which file I should modify,and which paramter I shoud modify? How can it work?

Thanks

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

In OpenStack the VMs by default do not have access to the host network, unless the underlying networking (either at the VDS or at the physical switch level) hare plumbed in a way to allow connectivity. This is the expected behavior as the admin would not want tenant VMs being able to access the host network.

What do you mean by "they are on the same network segment"? Are the VMs on a provider network backed by a VLAN and is the host connected to the same vlan on the physical network? This may work in theory, but this is somewhat odd as typically VM traffic is kept isolated from the host(hypervisor) traffic.

0 Kudos