VMware Cloud Community
BScott66
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 6.2.3 - New Deployment. No Actions for Published Blueprint?

Looking for a little assistance here...

Have had no luck performing an upgrade from 6.2.1 to 6.2.3 I have deployed a new instance.

This includes a new SQL database on a SQL '14 AlwaysOn Cluster, vRealize Identity Appliance 2.2.3.0 (Latest OVF available.) and the vRealize Automation Appliance (Latest OVF available.)

I deploy the 2 appliances, a new Windows 2012 Server which is fully patched and have run the PowerShell Script to knock out all of the prerequisites. Configure the Identity appliance, configure the Automation appliance, Install IaaS on the Windows server all successfully.

I then logon to the Default Tenant, add a new tenant, identity store and administrators for the tenant.

Logout and into the new tenant.

License the Appliance

Establish users with all privileges

Logout and back in. I now see Advanced Services (Does not matter but demonstrates the user has access.)

Create the vRA endpoints for vCenter and vRO

Successfully collect data for both.

Create the vRO endpoints for AD and vCenter

Create a Fabric And Business Groups

Create a Network Profile, Reservation Policy

Create a Reservation, using the reservation policy and the network policy configured, Resources are established including Memory, Storage and Resource pool for placement of workloads.

Create a Blueprint, (CentOS 7), Its a Linked Clone blueprint to save room in the lab.

vRA-BP01.PNG

vRA-BP02.PNG

vRA-BP04.PNG

As you can see above the Actions that I would expect to be able to perform on the blueprint after being deployed.

vRA-BP05.PNG

Publish the Blueprint.

vRA-SVC01.PNG

Create a Services (IaaS), making it active.

vRA-CAT01.PNG

Blueprint is available under Catalog Items.

vRA-CAT02.PNG

Catalog Item is configured, Icon established, Service and set to active selected.

Create an Entitlement

vRA-ENT01.PNG

Configuration of the Entitlement is standard.

vRA-ENT02.PNG

Establish the service, individual Catalog Item and select all Actions? Where are they all?????

vRA-ENT03.PNG

As you can see there are no more to select, but I am missing all of the actions that were listed within the Blueprint.

vRA-ACT01.PNG'

Looking under Actions there is nothing here?

I can deploy the Catalog Item successfully

But a Selecting the Item and them actions, I have nothing to do with it?

vRA-ITEMACT01.PNG

Can someone please assist with this as after doing the install again thinking something got screwed up on the original install only to experience the same behavior again has me baffled.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BScott66
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Kumarankpl,

First thank you for responding!

Call me ignorant, but saying this has always been a known issue with previous version of vCAC" wouldn't it have been fixed in the latest?

I as Chan had not only to run the command but also modify the web.config to get the actions to be available.

Quick and dirty of it is:

• In an elevated privilege (RunAs Administrator) command window change directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Web API
  • Copy Web.Config file to make sure you have a failback version.
  • Using your editor of choice open Web.Config
  • Find the commented out line:
  • <!-- add key="DisableSAMLTokenSignatureCheck" value="false"-->
  • Change it to:
  • <add key="DisableSAMLTokenSignatureCheck" value="True" />
  • Save the changes
  • Perform an IISReset

You will now have access to all the missing actions.

Thank you, Kumarankpl and Chan!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This has always been a known issue with previous versions of vCAC where the recommended fix was to run the following command on the IaaS web server, as an administrator.

C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Server\Model Manager Data\Cafe\Vcac-Config.exe registercatalogtypes -v

http://chansblog.com/tag/registercatalogtypes-v/

Thanks

Kumaran

BScott66
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Kumarankpl,

First thank you for responding!

Call me ignorant, but saying this has always been a known issue with previous version of vCAC" wouldn't it have been fixed in the latest?

I as Chan had not only to run the command but also modify the web.config to get the actions to be available.

Quick and dirty of it is:

• In an elevated privilege (RunAs Administrator) command window change directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Web API
  • Copy Web.Config file to make sure you have a failback version.
  • Using your editor of choice open Web.Config
  • Find the commented out line:
  • <!-- add key="DisableSAMLTokenSignatureCheck" value="false"-->
  • Change it to:
  • <add key="DisableSAMLTokenSignatureCheck" value="True" />
  • Save the changes
  • Perform an IISReset

You will now have access to all the missing actions.

Thank you, Kumarankpl and Chan!

0 Kudos