VMware Edu & Cert Community
NeoTeagasc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Storage certification for VCP 5.5

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is correct group to post this question.

I am VCP 5.5 (4.0 &5.0), I know how to work with windows and VMware ESXi/vCenter . But when it comes to Storage I am not that confident.

When ever I apply for jobs they mention the person should have good knowledge of Storage.

Can any one recommend training or certification that can help me with storage. I do not want to be full time storage admin but need enough that VMware admin should know.

Thanks....

2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

‌This is a good document: https://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-60/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-60-storag...

As for training - it would often be specific to a particular make/model of whatever device is being used...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you were happy with something vendor-neutral, this looks to be the best option: Education | SNIA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog