VMware {code} Community
CathyBr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem with WEB_PLATFORM.onGlobalRefreshRequest

Hi,

I have a Problem with the onGlobalRefreshRequest for the HTML Bridge.

I have noticed, that when the refresh Icon (in the blue area at the top of the web Client), is clicked, my plugin is not refreshed.

So I looked at the chassisA samples, and found in the Chassis-summary.js

WEB_PLATFORM.onGlobalRefreshRequest = refreshData;

and copied it into my .js.  My function to get the data is also refreshData() . as is used in the samples.

And tried to refresh by clicking on the RefreshIcon.  Nothing happened.

But when I also tried it on the Chassis-A sample, the refreshData() function was not called either.

Did I misunderstand this functionality?

thanks for any hints.

Cathy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This problem was discussed back in April and we provided a work-around, see Re: vSphere web client HTML Bridge: Global refresh button does not invoke the function assigned to W...

FYI, that work-around is OK when only one HTML plugin is around.  The correct solution was added to Web Client 6.0.1 (i.e update 1), i.e. using the new API WEB_PLATFORM.setGlobalRefreshHandler , see the 6.0.1 Release Notes

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This problem was discussed back in April and we provided a work-around, see Re: vSphere web client HTML Bridge: Global refresh button does not invoke the function assigned to W...

FYI, that work-around is OK when only one HTML plugin is around.  The correct solution was added to Web Client 6.0.1 (i.e update 1), i.e. using the new API WEB_PLATFORM.setGlobalRefreshHandler , see the 6.0.1 Release Notes

0 Kudos
CathyBr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks - now it works propertly.

0 Kudos