VMware Cloud Community
TrotmanRalphCBS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon Plugin 1.2 with Horizon 6.2

We recently upgraded to horizon 6.2 and 1.2 plugin "was" working fine... Yesterday the plugin stopped working , we can't run workflows because it can't enumerate desktop or app pools.    So I removed the delegation and Pod config to reconfigure... but..its clear that all of sudden it can't enumerate the desktop pools...   Does anyone know what "enableAntiAffinityRules' correlates to horizon pool?

InternalError: com.vmware.vdi.vcsupport.vim.vmomi.core.exception.UnmarshallException: Type 'ApplicationData' contains unrecognized property 'enableAntiAffinityRules' (Dynamic Script Module name : getAllDesktopAppPoolsInPod#9) (Dynamic Script Module name : getAllDesktopAppPoolsInPod#54)

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JackMac4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, Horizon 6.1 is the last version that is currently supported with the Horizon 1.2 Plugin. The API has been updated for Horizon 6.2 and the plugin hasn't been updated to reflect the latest APIs which is why you're getting this error.

---- Jack McMichael | Sr. Systems Engineer VMware End User Computing Contact me on Twitter @jackwmc4
0 Kudos
TrotmanRalphCBS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello.. thanks for the reply.. I also opened request with vmware and was told the same.  Any idea when the plugin will be updated?
0 Kudos
vjason
Contributor
Contributor

‌FYI, it gets even worse under 6.2.1 due to cipher suite changes. You can't even connect to View unless you upgrade to Orchestrator 7.

We based an entire solution on this plugin at work and are doing very thing we can to encourage VMware to reopen development on the plugin. As of right now, there is no further work being done on it.

0 Kudos
TrotmanRalphCBS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wow... we have raised it to our account managers also.   If the powercli / horizon view was better then we could have a decent work-around.
0 Kudos
TrotmanRalphCBS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I wonder if there's any news on this...    Did they forget about this "enterprise" feature?
0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You may want to ask about Horizon plug-in status/updates in Horizon community forum - https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/horizon

Horizon plug-in is not developed/supported by vRO team, and I'm not sure whether Horizon guys are monitoring vRO community forum regularly.

0 Kudos
fabro
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone knows if there is or will be a new plugin for Horizon 7? The H7 download page still shows the 1.2.0 version of the vRealize Orchestrator Plugin but given what I've read on this post it will not work properly... This is holding me back from updating from H6.1 to H7.... Thanks!

0 Kudos