VMware Horizon Community
axm3196
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installing PowerCLI 6.0 Release 2 on Horizon View Connection Servers

The version of PowerCLI on the view connection servers only have view related cmdlets, Is there a reason a full version of PowerCLI is not installed by default? I've looked around and have not been able to find anything on this... could we install the latest PoweCLI 6 Release 2 on our connection servers and it not effect the current view snappin?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
axm3196
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found the answer:

Documentation for VMware Horizon 6 version 6.2

You can use View PowerCLI cmdlets in conjunction with vSphere PowerCLI cmdlets. vSphere PowerCLI cmdlets provide an administrative interface to VMware vSphere. If vSphere PowerCLI is installed on a View Connection Server instance, the vSphere PowerCLI cmdlets load when you launch  View PowerCLI.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
axm3196
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any one running PowerCLi for Vshpere on their connection servers? I see that Release 3 is out now for PowerCLi

0 Kudos
axm3196
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found the answer:

Documentation for VMware Horizon 6 version 6.2

You can use View PowerCLI cmdlets in conjunction with vSphere PowerCLI cmdlets. vSphere PowerCLI cmdlets provide an administrative interface to VMware vSphere. If vSphere PowerCLI is installed on a View Connection Server instance, the vSphere PowerCLI cmdlets load when you launch  View PowerCLI.

0 Kudos