VMware Cloud Community
gb76534567
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere replication will not start

I'm getting this error when starting a replication session for a VM:

VRM Server runtime error. Please check the documentation for any troubleshooting information. The detailed exception is: 'Error getting local VC view'.

Both sites are ESXi \ vCenter server 5.5U2 and vSphere replication 5.5.1.2

Has anyone seen this before?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PKaufmann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have not seen this error before, but first thing I would do is an update of the replication appliance to 5.8.

Maybe that will solve the error..

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is mentioned in the SRM 5.1.2 release notes as a known issue:

Logging out of the SRM C# client during reprotect causes the sync step of a reprotect operation to fail with the error   Error getting local VC view.

During reprotect, after configuring replications in the reverse direction, SRM and the vSphere Replication appliance wait for the initial syncs to complete in the reverse direction. SRM triggers a separate sync operation to verify that there are no issues with the replication. If you log out of the SRM UI during this sync operation, the reprotect operation continues, but the vSphere Replication cannot impersonate the user and the sync operation fails.

Workaround: Ignore the error shown in the sync step of the reprotect workflow, or use the SRM UI to manually trigger a sync after the reprotect is complete.

0 Kudos