24-Jul-2010

Passed

VCP5-DCV Exam (VCP510)

28-Nov-2011

Passed

VCP5 Classroom Equivalent (5.0/5.1)

01-Jul-2013

40.00 Hours

My VCP4 and my VCP5 have both expired. I know this. They no longer show up on my transcript.

I am going to get the VCP6 certification. I know I have to take the class + the tests. There are 2 now right for the VCP? Test+Class+Test?

Once I do that; will my VCP4 and VCP5 come back? Are they renewed? Or are they just gone in the dust? Anyway of getting them back if they are gone for good?

I'm also thinking about trying for the VMware Certified Associate - Network Virtualization (VCA-NV). The page for that exam says "This exam and certification will be retired on November 30, 2015." Is it even worth it? Are they replacing it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Once your certifications expire they stay expired - there's no bringing them back.

The VCA-NV exam and certification has already been replaced by VCA6-NV exam/certification which is why the older one is being retired. Details on the new one are here.

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
0 Kudos
sdoofbuc
Contributor
Contributor

I figured as much.

Do I need to take the full VCP class again? Or can I do just the what's new class?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check path 3 of this page: VCP6-DCV Certification

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos