VMware Horizon Community
Bugatt1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View sizing

Hello!

Could anyone provide some proven info about View components sizing? In the install guide one can see only recommendation for 50+ users - minimum 10Gb RAM for connection server.

What resources (vCPU, RAM) should I assign to VMs: Connection server, composer - if I have 1000+ users? and how many servers should I include in the design?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cH1LL1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Bugatt1

Although its easy for some to throw numbers and figures at you.

I would rather recommend that you build yourself a POC environment with minimal requirements and slowly ramp up the resource requirements so that you figure out what is required based on demand.

VMware View will complain via the EVENTS  if the View connection servers have not enough memory but youll be monitoring this anyway.

The CPU on Virtual centre and View composer will simply max out when you start cloning enough vms if its not spec'd right.

But you also need to figure out what underlying storage your using.

Just keep looking for bottle necks.

I don't use 10GB ram on my Connections servers I use 6GB per VCS and there are 3 of them serving 700 desktops. (2 internal load balanced) and one which is paired with the Security server.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cH1LL1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Bugatt1

Although its easy for some to throw numbers and figures at you.

I would rather recommend that you build yourself a POC environment with minimal requirements and slowly ramp up the resource requirements so that you figure out what is required based on demand.

VMware View will complain via the EVENTS  if the View connection servers have not enough memory but youll be monitoring this anyway.

The CPU on Virtual centre and View composer will simply max out when you start cloning enough vms if its not spec'd right.

But you also need to figure out what underlying storage your using.

Just keep looking for bottle necks.

I don't use 10GB ram on my Connections servers I use 6GB per VCS and there are 3 of them serving 700 desktops. (2 internal load balanced) and one which is paired with the Security server.

Hope it helps

0 Kudos
Bugatt1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks.

And what to do in this case: I have 2 vCenter on one site (e.g. MS failover cluster), and how many View Composer servers must I have?

0 Kudos