Kevin_Boyle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Offsite backup options?

Configuration:

vSphere Essentials Plus 5.5 U2 using vCSA

VSAN 5.5 U2

vDPA 5.8 (?)

I have a 3-host VSAN cluster. I deployed vDPA using my VSAN DataStore for a PoC. It seems to be a good solution if I can also maintain an offsite backup.

vDP Replication seems to be the answer however my Essentials Plus license limits me to three ESXi hosts. Is there a way to do this or should I be looking at a third party solution?

I'm also aware of issues related to backing up the vCSA and vDP appliance which I still have to address.

3 Replies
unsichtbare
Expert
Expert

I think you ought to be looking at Veeam. It has numerous offsite and Cloud backup potentials

+The Invisible Admin+ If you find me useful, follow my blog: http://johnborhek.com/
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I'm using Ahsay software for backup. Ahsay Backup Software is the quickest way to boost up your recurring income. Over 10,000 online backup providers and resellers have already used Ahsay to provide online, offsite, remote, backup services or resell it directly to their customers. The global backup market will continue to grow quickly in the near future due to the fast growing rate of data. The opportunity is really heading towards online backup providers.

0 Kudos
vdp4life
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Kevin,

This question gets asked allot around here and more solutions are popping up. One solution you can look into is a third party who specializes in hosting VDP (or Avamar) appliances in a remote location. This way you can send replicate your backups over to them. Be able to restore directly from VDP (I think you will need to upgrade to VDP 6.x for this).

How much data are you looking to replicate ?

0 Kudos