VMware Cloud Community
jwswizzle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Correct HTML Console SDK destination URL

Hello all,

I'm looking at building a simple demo application using the HTML Console SDK‌‌ to connect to remote vm's on ESXI. The programming guide I'm using is here: https://www.vmware.com/support/developer/html-console/html-console-sdk-100-programmer-guide.pdf .

My question is finding the appropriate destination url, as seen on page 5, in the 6th step. I've downloaded the sdk files and have everything setup and running locally on Tomcat. I've looked through the documentation extensively as well as online to find a more detailed explanation for the connection url to use but cannot find one. Their documentation is using websockets to make the connection but the url is just to the local machine.

Has anyone had any experience with this and would be able to provide some feedback? Does anyone know how to find the destination url of a vm on the server?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jwswizzle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update on this topic. I have been able to generate a MKS ticket and can connect to virtual machines.

The correct format is: <ws | wss> :// <host:port>/ <path> /? <authentication info>.

An example of a working connection for me is: wss://10.10.28.14:443/ticket/735e1558857b363b.

Hope this helps some of you out.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
adilshabbir1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Even i am looking for same solution.  

0 Kudos
jpsider
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

‌i use powercli to build the console URL for a projeat I work on. I grab a few items from powercli and throw that in a DB which My WebApp can then pull the url and display that to our users.

LEt me know if powercli is a viable option and I can point you in the right direction.

0 Kudos
jwswizzle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update on this topic. I have been able to generate a MKS ticket and can connect to virtual machines.

The correct format is: <ws | wss> :// <host:port>/ <path> /? <authentication info>.

An example of a working connection for me is: wss://10.10.28.14:443/ticket/735e1558857b363b.

Hope this helps some of you out.

mdusman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried 

wmks.connect("wss://myIP:902/ticket/52866e46-55f7-6b0a-7680-54d3edd1d73a");
and 

wmks.connect("wss://myIP:443/ticket/52866e46-55f7-6b0a-7680-54d3edd1d73a");

wmks.min.js:1 WebSocket connection to 'wss://myIP/ticket/52866e46-55f7-6b0a-7680-54d3edd1d73a' failed:
0 Kudos