VMware Edu & Cert Community
geenpaddyman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCP510 - - last date to test?

Does anyone know when the last date is to test for the VCP510: VMware Certified Professional 5 - Data Center Virtualization ???

I have a voucher from VMware to take the exam.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I'll assume you've met the training requirement for VCP5-DCV, ie. you've attended a qualifying vSphere 5 class.

Once you pass either VCP510 or VCP550 you would be a VCP5-DCV, for 2 years from the date you pass either of those exams.

VCP510 is based on vSphere 5.0/5.1 (what's common between those versions), where VCP550 is specific to vSphere 5.5. Note it's only VCP510 that expires at the end of November, VCP550 has no retirement date set.

To get to VCP6-DCV, you would need to pass the 2V0-621D exam.

Have a look at these pages for the details:

(VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization‌ (path 1)

VCP6-DCV Certification (path 1)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

5 Replies
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VCP510 will be retired on 11/30/15

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
geenpaddyman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for that...if I was to take the exam and pass can I then take the 6 version or do I have to do the 5.5 exam first? I'm unsure as to how the process goes..bridge exam,delta???

0 Kudos
geenpaddyman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I guess I should have asked if its worth to take the VCP510 now, will I be forced to turn around and a different exam right away or will the VCP cert be valid for 2 more years?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I'll assume you've met the training requirement for VCP5-DCV, ie. you've attended a qualifying vSphere 5 class.

Once you pass either VCP510 or VCP550 you would be a VCP5-DCV, for 2 years from the date you pass either of those exams.

VCP510 is based on vSphere 5.0/5.1 (what's common between those versions), where VCP550 is specific to vSphere 5.5. Note it's only VCP510 that expires at the end of November, VCP550 has no retirement date set.

To get to VCP6-DCV, you would need to pass the 2V0-621D exam.

Have a look at these pages for the details:

(VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization‌ (path 1)

VCP6-DCV Certification (path 1)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
geenpaddyman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes I have met the requirements! Thank you for clarifying!

0 Kudos