Yes, There's an essential requirement that your PSCs be in Enhanced Linked mode, which you are fulfilling in your design.
Along with that please see following additional requirements.
For one main site setup a Venter server and rest of other site can have per site single vCenter link mode server.
To enable migration across vCenter Server instances, your environment must meet these requirements:
1. The source and destination vCenter Server instances and ESXi hosts must be running version 6.0 or later.
2. The cross vCenter Server and long distance vMotion features require an Enterprise Plus license.
3. When using the vSphere Web Client, both vCenter Server instances must be in Enhanced Linked Mode and must be in the same vCenter Single Sign-On domain so that the source vCenter Server can authenticate to the destination vCenter Server.
4. Both vCenter Server instances must be time-synchronized with each other for correct vCenter Single Sign-On token verification.
5. For migration of compute resources only, both vCenter Server instances must be connected to the shared virtual machine storage.
6. When using the vSphere APIs/SDK, both vCenter Server instances may exist in separate vSphere Single Sign-On domains. Additional parameters are required when performing a non-federated cross vCenter Server vMotion.
If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
It is good idea to have one PSC (at least) on each site (VC). It will balance the load and provide redundancy. As purpose of this setup is Enhance vMotion, where low latency is key.
However in vSphere 6.0 U1 , External Platform Services Controller is introduce where multiple VCs can join in single PSC.
hi, with the above design, if one psc in a site goes down. will that vc be able to use another psc in another site (same sso domain)?
in your design, as you have 1 PSC per site basis, and all three are in enhanced linked mode.
so if one of the PSC goes down, you will have to first point that site vCenter to one of the other operational PSC
Please refer following thread, where I have mentioned documentation link with the procedure to do so.
does replication occue between psc from different sites or just the same site in a HA config? is there any replication in my case between the pscs in siteA, B and C?
Enhanced Linked mode PSC VMDIR replication will happen across the sites too.
for my pscs, site A and B are in same timezone
but siteC is in different timezone.
do I need to set the timezone for all to the same?
Replication should still happen between two PSCs in Enhanced Linked mode residing in two different timezones.
Looking for official documentation to back above statement. Will post it here if I find one soon.
take a look at following blog post
Author of it has mentioned an example (the last one in that blog post), where location of PSCs in ELM are at different timezone locations, although there is no mention of setting of same or different timezone, I would interpret it as PSCs set with their respective timezone.
Hi all, has anyone seen any really information pertaining to non-federated Cross vCenter vMotion? I'm needing to collapse 4 vCenters each with their own SSO domain into 2 vCenters using a single SSO domain. Need to migrate VMS and hosts from the vCenters that are going away.