VMware Cloud Community
any_guy
Contributor
Contributor

vRO for View - Last few problems to iron out - Firewall?

Hello,

I've been installing vRO for View the last few days. Most of it is running just great!

Some last issues I'm fighting with and was hoping to find help here:

1. "View Remote Session Details" dashboard:

- When looking at the dashboard, I do not get any Session Indicator Metrics. I only get "Session Health". All other indicators only show a "?" (screenshot: RemoteSessionDetails.PNG)

- Also, when I try to do a "Get Desktop Process" it does not work all the times. I'd say, 20% success and 80% failure rate. I'm quite sure that I have opened the proper firewall ports?

2. I don't get a lot of information about all the different VDI pools. It does see the pools ( I can look at each pool in vRO) it's just the amount of information isn't great. Mostly "no data"

With those two issues resolved, I think I'd be good!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
any_guy
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
ARuvVD11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ya, I got that as well. I keep seeing a lot of ssl cert signature check failures in the v4v log on the desktop side of things.

My VROP instance has a valid 3rd party cert on it, so it must be using a different self signed cert for adapter's rmi connection.

I have not yet found a way to around this.

0 Kudos
garymboy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have you verified everything is collecting properly.  Go to the View Adapter Self Health dashboard and make sure everything is green and current in collections.

What version of the adapter are you running? There is a later version of the adapter attached to http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2127967‌ .  That adapter fixed my issues.

0 Kudos
any_guy
Contributor
Contributor

I'll just be blunt and sneak my question into this thread.

I have one last issue, I can't pair the View Agent. When running the View Broker Agent Settings on the connection server and try to do 'Pair Adapter" it fails with error: Pairing certificates....FAILED (Failed to pair certificates with Vew Adapter: 0x800004005)

I did configure a pairing password in the View Adapter in vRO is running and in a 'collecting data' status. Also the certificates are there.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
marcbnz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just like the guy above - my adapter will not 're-pair' ...constant certificate errors - the article below from the VMware KB's does not work (empty conf app conf folder)

VMware KB: Pairing the VMware vRealize Operations for Horizon broker agent fails with the error: Fai...

I am now stuck with no data coming into vROPS

Ideas please? - Logging a support ticket will not get me very far as the internal support within VMware for vROPS + Horizon is quite small and limited.

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Two things need to be in place to populate the data in the Remote Session Details dashboard.  First, port 3091-3094 for RMI must be open between the View agent and the broker.  This is how PCoIP metrics get reported.  Additionally, the View agent needs to be running version 6.0 or later.  Note:  Per the Product Interoperability Matrix, View Agent 6.1.1 is not supported with vRealize Operations for Horizon.

There's also an option to reissue tokens from the Broker, to the View agents, which may help with the certificate issues.

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Select Administration | Solutions.  Select the VMware Horizon adapter on top, and then select the View adapter instance below.  Click the Red stop button to stop the adapter.  Wait for it to stop, and then restart the adapter.  Attempt to re-pair the adapter once the adapter has restarted.

You should now be able to pair the Broker with the Adapter.

0 Kudos
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The error saying "failed to pair certificates" can be very misleading.  You can get this error if the broker agent can't communicate with the view adapter instance.  Make sure that ports 3091-3094 are open from your View connection server to the vROps node that is running the View adapter instance.  Try connecting to port 3091 using simple utility like telnet.  If a port is blocked or the View adapter instance isn't running you'll get the certificate error even though it is a connection issue.

0 Kudos