VMware Horizon Community
douglasacoulter
Contributor
Contributor

Entitlements to Multiple Desktop Pools?

Hello all - I have been working through the VMWare Horizon View Essentials book from Peter von Oven.  I have a test environment setup with the following Desktop Pools:

• Win_2008R2_RDS
  • Win_7_Floating
  • Win_8_Dedicated

I started by creating an Entitlement for my test user for the Win_7_Floating pool.  When I signed into a Wyse P25 zero client, the PCoIP session was delivered as expected.

I then created another Entitlement for the same test user for the Win_8_Dedicated pool.  I was expecting to be given a choice of desktops at the P25 upon signing in, but instead I was directed to the Win_7_Floating pool again.  The only way to receive the Win_8_Dedicated pool session was to remove the Entitlement from the Win_7_Floating pool.

Is this expected behavior?  Or is it possible to have a user be entitled to multiple pools of VDI and/or RDSH resources?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlexeyKhudyakov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Douglas,

Sure it is possible.

I have the same situation once. It was because of the settings of the Zero Client.

You should check the setting of the Zero Client something like "Remember the last user desktop"... I don't remember exactly a name of the setting...

I believe that the setting on your zero client is enabled and you always get the same session

Just disable the setting and all be as you want, you will see a list of your pools.

0 Kudos