VMware Edu & Cert Community
davidfoley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP 6 cert

Since when does Vmware force students to take two exams to gain the VCP  ?

any way i want to gain the Cert i am doing a Class base training and studying with CBT Nuggets VCP 6

is there a Exam blueprint for the VCP6 out   ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

you can self study and sit for exam, there's no mandatory requirement to take trainings after that. Smiley Happy

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

is there a Exam blueprint for the VCP6 out   ?

vSphere 6 Foundations Exam

VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Exam

Above URLs are your exam blueprints for respective exams. There's no separate downloadable PDF blueprint available at the moment.

0 Kudos
davidfoley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Why the two exams ?

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I believe, this is because so that when you sit for exams like VCP6-CMA or VCP6-DT or VCP6-NV etc you don't have to face many vSphere questions.

like, I myself have sat of VCP5-DCV, VCP5-Cloud and VCP5-DT exams, in all of those I had to answer questions from vSphere 5 - basics. (VCP5-DCV - it's obvious that you face vSphere 5 questions but other exams do also have a need of the some basics of vSphere 5 knowledge)

in version 6 exams, so far I sat for only VCP6-DCV delta exam to upgrade my certification, so I wouldn't know much in this matter, this is just my opinion from past experience that i am trying to convey.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Correct - the vSphere Foundations exam is common to all 4 versions of VCP certification.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
davidfoley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the Info..

What extra study  Material would you guy recommend  for the vcp 6 i am at the moment taken a 12 week class based course and following CBT Nuggets VCP6 videos,

i also am looking at buying the INE

VMware: Managing ESXi Networking Using vCenter Server

which I hope would be a  good source to cover Section 2 from both exams, I was told you cant take the Foundations exam at home that you dont need to go to a Test Center.. is this true and does this apply to the VCA - DCV as well ?

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I was told you cant take the Foundations exam at home that you dont need to go to a Test Center.. is this true and does this apply to the VCA - DCV as well ?

yes, vSphere 6 - Foundation exam and VCA6-DCV they both are non-proctored. You don't need to go to test centre.

While preparing for certification, take a look at exam objectives, each objective would give you list of reference links mostly from vmware.com/support/pubs documents. practice tests are also available on following URL

vSphere 6- Foundation practice test

VMware Learning Zone (VLZ) also offering VMware Certification Exam Prep: vSphere 6 Foundations Exam (Number: 2V0-620)

0 Kudos
davidfoley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the feed back...

one more quick question once i get the VCP 6 DCV and i want to take the VCP 6 Desktop do i need to sit a Class room base Training again or can you self study and sit the exam then ?

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

you can self study and sit for exam, there's no mandatory requirement to take trainings after that. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌You can review the objectives for each exam, the number of items, the cost, and whether it's a proctored exam (take at a test centre) or non-proctored exam (take from anywhere) on the pages of each of the exams - I would recommend you follow the links being posted, such as this one: vSphere 6 Foundations Exam

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

And the answer to your question on the Desktop certification can be found on the page for that certification: VCP6-DTM Certification

(hint: click the different tabs)

0 Kudos