VMware Cloud Community
Henrique_Cicuto
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Workflow fails when called by vRA

Good afternoon,

I´m trying a specific workflow that starts with the following Orchestrator Action: getAllVMs (com.vmware.library.vc.vm). The result is saved within an Array/VC:VirtualMachine.

When I start the workflow manually, using the vR Orchestrator client, this action returns all vCenter virtual machines and saves them, correctly, within the array.

Then, I made vRA (vRealize Automation) call this particular workflow when a blueprint gets to the Provisioned Stage.

The workflow is correctly called but, for some reason, the getAllVMs action does not return any values, resulting in an empty Array (which sadly breaks the rest of the workflow).

I tried several times running it manually: it works.

I tried several times running it through vRA: it does not work.

I´m attaching some screenshots with information about the array and its corresponding values when the workflow is ran both manually and through vRA.

Could someone please help me out to discover why is this happening?

Thank you very much.

Update: I modified the workflow by adding a pause right after the action execution. The array value was, as expected, empty 😞

With the workflow frozen, I re-ran it, manually, pointing to the virtual machine recently created by vRA. And it works.

More and more I´m convinced that there´s some sort of issue with the way vRA calls the workflow, but I can´t figure it out yet what it is.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can you upload the workflow?

0 Kudos
Dan_Linsley
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

How is the security setup for the vCenter plugin in Orchestrator?

It sounds like you are not using shared session and the service account that is calling the Orchestrator workflow from vRA is not authorized to see anything on the vCenter.

That's my hunch.  Try using a shared session or grant the service account that is executing the workflow from vRA access to the vCenter.

0 Kudos