VMware Cloud Community
cdhunter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Adding new VLAN

Good morning,

We are running vRA 6.2 and I have been tasked with adding a few new VLANs to out environment.  I have a few questions I was hoping someone would be able to answer please:

1.  I have added a new network profile by selecting Infrastructure - Reservations - Network Profiles.  I couldn't see anywhere to add a VLAN number - do I create a corresponding Port Group on the dvSwitch within vCenter?

2.  Once the new network profile has been created, how do I add this selection to a particular blueprint for selection when deploying a new VM?  I had a look at the official documentation and it mentioned creating a custom property VirtualMachine.NetworkN.Name

2 Replies
virtualsabi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

1. you create a reservation containing your desired port group (which is configured using your vlan id). For every port group added to your reservation, you can choose a network profile to attach to it.

2. As soon as your blueprint will use a port group attached to a network profile, it will use the settings you specified. If a blueprint has multiple possibilities to choose from networks (e.g. you specified more than one network in your reservation), you can enforce using a network by providing the mentioned custom property.

Greetz

cdhunter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you, I shall try that today.

0 Kudos