VMware Cloud Community
ah212798
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Possible to export alert list?

In vRealize Operations Manager 6.1, is it possible to export the alerts in a list format, like CSV or a text file?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ok, another way to do it, You can create a report template with "Alerts that are currently active", then you can run the report template on vSphere World object, it will generate a pdf and csv file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes it is possible to create a RSS Feed with all existing Alerts (as well as you can specify a filter to show specific alerts ).

You have to create a dashboard with Alert List widget, where you can see list of all existing Alerts (or filter to see specific Alerts), then you can press RSS Feed button on the widget and it will create a RSS Feed.

ah212798
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This might be a way to do it, but I'd like to export to CSV or text directly to send these to a third party.

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Are you looking to export an Alert list of Alert Names? Or also the rulesets+config included within the Alerts. This can be accomplished using the vR Ops API.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ok, another way to do it, You can create a report template with "Alerts that are currently active", then you can run the report template on vSphere World object, it will generate a pdf and csv file.

0 Kudos
ah212798
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you. That's a way to solve it Smiley Happy

SurajVmware28
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you please elaborate more on how to create RSS Feeds in VRO ? as you mentioned - I mean a detailed steps to export the alerts /events from VRO please - Thank you .

0 Kudos
SurajVmware28
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you elaborate how to configure the RSS Feeds - All I am looking for is to export the alerts /alarm from VROPS - But unable find any options , I don;t need bundle logs . Just an event viewer export is needed - Any urgent help is really appreciated .Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
SurajVmware28
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you list out the steps how to create this template - Please advise . Thank you.

0 Kudos